Beers, Hamerman, Cohen & Burger, P.C., established in 1962, is a regional public accounting firm located in New Haven and Fairfield. The firm currently consists of about forty professionals and eight administrative staff. Our firm’s success has been achieved by providing accounting, auditing, tax and management consulting services, all customized to our clients’ needs. Our client concentration comprises manufacturing concerns, energy, professional service organizations, real estate ventures, medical practices, and multi-employer benefit plans. A majority of our accounting services extend to audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements, tax planning, tax compliance, and management consulting.
Beers, Hamerman, Cohen & Burger, P.C. is currently seeking an experienced Tax Senior Manager to join our team. As a Tax Senior Manager, you will work under the general direction of a Tax Partner and assist in a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Coordination of various phases of an engagement including staff requirements, planning and scheduling.
- Delegating work to staff members
- Assist in the training of staff members, including orientation of new professional staff and serve in in-house educational programs as an instructor or discussion leader
- Independent preparation of both individual and business tax returns
- Responsible for getting engagements completed on time and within budget
- Inform the partner of all developments on an engagement or assignment
- Proactively offer suggestions and assist with tax planning
- Keep up to date on tax laws and regulations for potential savings and benefits
- Maintain an active role in professional, civic or charitable organizations and must understand the importance of, and be involved in, business development
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business
- CPA Certification
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years public accounting experience
- Strong technical tax skills and analytic capabilities
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
Beers, Hamerman, Cohen & Burger, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY HERE: Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]